Please click the link at left to visit the new home of Writer Way at WriterWay.com.

Friday, January 12, 2007

...one more thing

Steve Jobs omitted his traditional "one more thing" announcement at the end of the Macworld keynote this year. So I thought I'd borrow the technique. (He hasn't patented it yet, has he?)

I'll end my Macworld coverage by calling the attention of those of you involved in branding and creating product identities to this article from CNET News.com. Writer Tom Krazit does a superb job of exploring the legal issues surrounding the Cisco suit against Apple over the iPhone name. Apparently there are several possible arguments Apple could take to defend itself against Cisco's charge of trademark infringement. My favorite is "reverse confusion," which turns out to be pure, classic, Jobs.

I came away from this informative and amusing article with new-found respect -- not for the legal profession, but for its creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment