Please click the link at left to visit the new home of Writer Way at WriterWay.com.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Care and feeding of your contractor

Much of my web content writing is done on a contract basis, with the number of hours I work per month somewhat variable. The workflow from one of my clients slowed markedly in August, so I'll be billing them for only a couple of hours of work this month.

Imagine my surprise when a check arrived from that client today representing 10 hours of work. I didn't remember billing them for that, so went back and checked my records. No clue. Then I looked closely at the memo line on the check. It said, simply: "Bonus."

Tears came to my eyes. I felt incredibly valued. Will I work my tail off for them in September? Oh yes, you bet!

No comments:

Post a Comment