Please click the link at left to visit the new home of Writer Way at WriterWay.com.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Download in progress

From the Department of Digital Inefficiency:

I have several specialty applications that I launch once or twice a month for quick, minor tasks. Inevitably, upon launch they inform me that there is a new version of the app that I need to install to deal with some security threat or a compatibility issue with some major application. So, I download. Tap, tap, tap. And I install. Tap, tap, tap. And I close and relaunch. Tap, tap, tap.

Every once in a while this process involves finding some ghastly 40-digit authorization code I was sent when I first installed the app three years ago.

Of course, by this point the update has taken three times as long as the minor task I'd wanted to accomplish. Is there any wonder why I don't use the software more often?

No comments:

Post a Comment