Please click the link at left to visit the new home of Writer Way at WriterWay.com.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Keeping our wits about us

Terry Pratchett, author of the renowned Discworld series, lives with a diagnosis of a rare form of early-onset Alzheimer's disease.

Pratchett recently donated half a million UK pounds ($1 million US) to the Alzheimer's Research Trust in the UK, and this sparked a Match it for Pratchett campaign. In the US, donations (by phone, online, or by check) can be made to the Alzheimer's Association.

Imagine what could happen if each of us who have been delighted and inspired by his work gave one hour's worth of pay to this cause. I invite readers of this blog to join me in donating that amount in honor of Terry and to combat this as-yet incurable disease.

(Did I hear a voice say "THEY ARE TRYING TO SLOW THINGS DOWN AGAIN. I CAN'T BLAME THEM."?)

(Thank you to Whump for alerting me to the campaign.)

No comments:

Post a Comment