Please click the link at left to visit the new home of Writer Way at WriterWay.com.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Is copy editing extinct?

The weekend discussion at Deborah Ng's Freelance Writing Jobs site is on copy editing (or the lack of it) on the web. My "guest post" about my own experiences writing with -- and without -- a copy-editing net kicks off the discussion:

"These glitches had gotten by me because my eye and my brain were focused at some other level of the text. Did the quote I'd selected accurately represent the person quoted? Was the lede as sharp as possible? Did the story flow at a good pace? And they'd gotten by me because I'm a writer, thinking about writing, and publications have copy editors who think about copy editing. At least they used to." Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment