Please click the link at left to visit the new home of Writer Way at WriterWay.com.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The Webby Awards announced

Today's announcement of the Webby Awards winners was of particular interest to me because I was one of this year's site reviewers.

I was assigned some 70-odd nominated sites to explore and rate. They included two that I thought were quite extraordinary and dozens that should have been singled out as textbook cases of user-hostile design driven by art departments engaged in passionate affairs with their trendy software. None of the sites I reviewed made it to the finals.

My friend Meg Frost's Cute Overload won both the official Webby Award and the People's Choice award in the Weird category; that's the site's second annual Webby win. As they say on Cute Overload, "Big snorgles!"

No comments:

Post a Comment